A never-done-before backdrop of vintage cars will be on display at Crown Melbourne this Saturday evening as it plays host to the Australian Freight Industry Awards.
Victorian Transport Association (VTA) CEO, Peter Anderson, ahead of the annual event, has promised a “night of nights,” compete with a red-carpet welcome.
“This is just one of a few firsts we’ve managed to negotiate with Crown for this year’s gala presentation,” he said, adding that there would be other surprises unveiled for guests on the night.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming hundreds of members, associate members and guests from operator and supplier companies, and other industry stakeholders, for a celebration of the transport industry and the achievements of our award winners and finalists.”
This year, more than 50 nominations were received across categories that include:
• Female Leadership Award sponsored by Viva Energy Australia
• Investment in People Award sponsored by Logical Staffing Solutions
• Application of Technology Award sponsored by Transport Certification Australia
• Young Achiever Award sponsored by Daimler Truck Australia Pacific
• Best Practice Safety Award sponsored by Gallagher
• Sustainable Environment Award sponsored by National Transport Insurance
• Personality of the Year Award sponsored by CMV Truck & Bus
The sponsors of the event are TWUSUPER and Viva Energy Australia.
The VTA said there are still tickets available, although limited time to register.
To secure a spot visit www.afiawards.com.au.