The results of a national poll show that the image of the trucking industry among American motorists is stronger than ever.
Trucking Moves America Forward commissioned the research in September 2022 to measure the impact of the awareness and education campaign among American motorists since the previous survey conducted in 2019.
Americans ranked trucking as top three essential/critical industry, along with grocery store and healthcare workers.
Americans also said they generally heard people say more positive than negative things about the trucking industry, with comments like “keeping stores stocked,” “critical for the success of the country,” and “keeping the country moving” as top responses.
Check out the results of the poll.
What is the Public Perception of Trucking?
- 87% of voters have a favorable impression of the trucking industry, which is up from 67% in 2019. The number is the highest public opinion has been since TMAF began tracking industry views in 2014.
- 97% of Americans believe the trucking industry plays a “very important” role in the country’s economy, which is the same as in 2019.
- When asked about truck drivers, 96% of Americans stated they are essential to keeping the country’s economy moving.
Americans Impression on the Trucking Safety
- Nearly three-fourths (72%) rate the industry’s safety record as “excellent” or “good,” which is nearly the same as in 2019 at 70%.
- 85% consider truck drivers to be professionals.
- 78% believe that truck drivers have higher standards for safety than other drivers.